Westhills is more than a place to live. It’s a place to raise a family, retire in comfort, get to know your neighbours, and pursue a life that has more to offer. Since 2008, thousands of people have called Westhills home, building a thriving community that welcomes everybody.
Why Buy New
Our experienced New Home Specialists will help you navigate what could be the largest purchase of your life, from choosing your ideal location, floor plans and finishes, to securing financing and navigating legal requirements. Visit the Westhills HomeStore, tour our showrooms, view renderings and virtual tours, and get answers to all your questions.
You’ll sleep easy knowing that your brand new home is backed by a 2-5-10 year warranty, one of the most comprehensive home warranties available in North America. With an exceptional track record for quality construction for more than a decade, Westhills and our development partners are committed to exceeding your expectations.
- Save up to $13,000 cash when buying a new-build home.* If you are purchasing a previously-owned single-family home priced in Greater Victoria, you’re going to need to pay Property Transfer Tax. New-build homes are PTT exempt up to $749,999. This means you could save up to $13,000 in Property Transfer Tax exemption.
- New-build homes in communities like Westhills make homeownership simple. Take ease in knowing that your home is brand new, has never been lived in, and is covered for a 2-5-10 year warranty. We take the guesswork out of new homeownership. Tour our brand-new show homes, review finishings and view digital renderingsand virtual tours — get referred to industry experts to help you with the mortgage qualification process. New Home Specialists help people find homes every day, and their experience and expertise will bring efficiency and comfort to you as you navigate making what could be the largest purchase of your life.
- Did you know that 305 of all BuiltGreen Homes in the Victoria region are located at Westhills? New Build Homes in Westhills are constructed to BuiltGreen standards and feature EnergyStar-rated appliance packages helping you reduce energy consumption and save $$$$.. There are also energy and cost-saving upgrade options to include an electric car charger, smart home technology, and home security solutions — all installed before move-in day. Save even more money with your natural gas fireplace to heat your home, gas range for the chef in the family, and hot water on demand also powered with natural gas.
- You simply get more at Westhills! Your brand new home is here with the features you love. Single family homes, townhomes, or carriage homes with income-helper legal suites. All homes feature walk-in closets, master ensuites that actually have room for your things, a separate laundry room with shelving for storage, and a very convenient countertop over the laundry set.
- Enjoy a community built for families. There’s a reason more than 700 families have decided to call Westhills home. Westhills offers a friendly neighbourhood feel, wide sidewalks, crosswalks, greenspace and playgrounds, and brand-new recreation facilities within steps of your front door. A new elementary school, middle school, and child care facility will be built on Constellation Avenue, with completion estimated as early as Fall 2022.
*Ask your realtor about Property Transfer Tax exemption details.
Show Home Open Daily from 12 – 4 PM.
Pathway to Purchase
Westhills makes homeownership simple. Whether you’re working with a realtor or not, we’re here to help every step of the way.
- Visit our New HomeStore, meet our New Home Specialists, and tour our beautifully staged show homes.
- If you are working with a real estate agent, please let your realtor know that you have stopped by, and let us know who your realtor is. The process is much smoother when we know who to talk to.
- Select your perfect lot and floor plan.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our New Home Specialists to prepare your offer. If you are working with a realtor, we will happily provide them with the contract package specific to your home choice so that you can prepare your offer together.
- Once your offer has been accepted, start working on your subject conditions:
- Financing – take a copy of your accepted contract to your financial institution or a mortgage broker to start your mortgage approval process
- Legal Review – have your lawyer review your accepted contract
- Once you have removed your subjects, and now have an unconditional contract, it’s time to meet with our Options and Upgrades Coordinator to plan the details of your new home.
Become a Friend of Westhills
Your dream home could be coming soon! As a Friend of Westhills, you’ll be among the first to know about new homes before they come on the market, so you can have early access to sales, ahead of the public. You’ll also receive regular updates and invitations to exclusive events so you can get to know the community better. We hope you’ll join us!
Finding your dream home is only the beginning of the story. Our Client Care team is here to make it easy for you to prepare for move-in day and beyond. We’re experts in navigating the construction phase so you never have to feel out of the loop.